Environmental Education Teacher
California Trinity University – Los Angeles, CA
Under the direction of the Dean of Business Administration, the successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in the classroom, laboratory and field environments for Career and Technical Education in Environmental Sustainability.
Essential Function of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Design lesson plans and activities for California Trinity University students through a learning environment that is both motivating and instructional for students seeking practical business skills including environmental sustainability, cost-savings and socially responsible practices.
- Instruct students in the knowledge and skills required in business/environmental sustainability related occupational fields, using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, laboratory/workshops and field studies.
- Create assignments and prepare materials for classroom activities for students to use classroom knowledge to gain skills in environmentally conscious business decisions. Prepare model situations in simulated workshops taken from real word businesses that present ethical dilemmas, corporate social responsibility and leadership.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
- Focus on strategic planning and “greening” of business operations by providing lessons which allow students to learn the practical foundation needed to understand the role of management in the context of business and environmental sustainability.
- Prepare general model environmental impact statements, “greening” business sample proposals, and cost impact statements, use models to instruct students in preparing individualized business appropriate documents while factoring in environmental impact.
- Plan and supervise work-experience programs in the university’s Career and Technical Research Center as well as for class projects, field work visits, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests, green business proposals and assignments to evaluate students’ progress.
Position requires a Bachelor degree in Environmental Studies or closely related STEM field.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
California Trinity University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age, in accordance with federal law.
Back to Job Listings