California Trinity University is a private institution that is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) to operate and offer the following degree programs:
- Business Programs
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Programs
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Physical Education Program
- Master of Science in Physical Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education
The degrees granted by the University are approved under the provisions of the State of California Education Code Section 94750 by the BPPE. The United States government requires that all schools are approved by the governing body of the State in which they are located.
California Trinity University BPPE School Code#: 3009291
CTU is working towards the accreditation of its academic programs.
On August 3, 2017, the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, received CTU’s application for initial accreditation. See Receipt Letter.
On April 13, 2018, ACCSC has accepted CTU’s initial application for accreditation. See Acceptance Letter.
CTU administration, faculty and staff are committed and focused in completing the accreditation process and will regularly update its students and stakeholders of its progress within the process.
Notice to Prospective Degree Program Students
The degree programs offered by CTU are not accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.
A graduate of an unaccredited degree program will not be eligible to sit in any licensure exams in California and other states nor does it allow one to become certified or registered as required for an applicable profession, occupation, trade, or career field in California.
A degree program that is unaccredited or a degree from an unaccredited institution is not recognized for some employment positions, including, but not limited to, positions with the State of California.
A student enrolled in an unaccredited institution is not eligible for federal financial aid programs.
CTU has filed for and is on the initial stages of accreditation application for its Masters of Business Administration program with an accrediting agency. The approval for accreditation is dependent upon the school satisfying all the required phases of the accreditation process.
This institution is provisionally approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer degree programs. To continue to offer this degree program, this institution must meet the following requirements:
- Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least one degree program.
- Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by July 1, 2017 and full accreditation by July 1, 2020.
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, it must:
- Stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
- If it is viable, provide a teach-out plan to finish the educational program or provide a refund within 45 days upon request by a student.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.